CHAPS welcomes volunteers to our site and programs. Since CHAPS provides services to children under the supervision of the Juvenile Probation Department, prospective volunteers would need to be screened, interviewed and complete the volunteer application process which includes a background check and assessment. Once a volunteer completes the volunteer application process, then the volunteer would participate in a CHAPS orientation. Volunteers should be 21 years of age or older. CHAPS offers the following volunteer opportunities:
- Site and facility maintenance
- Horse care – grooming, feeding, etc.
- Horse conditioning and exercising – with guidance from CHAPS staff to ensure consistency
- Instructor assistant – support for the CHAPS staff during instructional periods
- Marketing, program promotion and fundraising
For additional information or to start the volunteer process, please email us at email@example.com.